Online Learning is Different!
.Even as we come out of COVID-19 pandemic, online learning will stay with us. Following are some of the tips for parents and children based on my tutoring online for over a year for Ottimmo. Please add your tips/observations in comments. Thank you!
- Space: A quiet and dedicated space is must for online learning.
- Internet: Stable internet connection will ensure learning without interruptions.
- Distractions: Minimize distractions by closing door and limiting noise in home.
- Sleep: Eight (8) to Nine (9) hours sleep is must for retaining and expanding what you learn during the day.
- Routine and Study Materials: A set routine with breaks along with ready folders, textbooks etc. will greatly help your child.
- Tutor/Teacher Contact Information: Keep it handy-in case of interruption/questions.
- Availability: As a parent, please be available for any technical/other problems which may arise during online session.
- Hands on Activities: Supplement online learning with hands on activities.
- Praise Efforts: We tend to praise results, however, please also praise efforts of your child.
- Build Confidence: Encourage your child to continue to make efforts. Help them to build their grit.